Welcome

Welcome

Connect With Me

Wayne's Chill Out Cafe Review; Punggol @ Singapore

Sunday 23 August 2015



Hey there, my 6-months long internship is finally over! Of course, I'm now back with more time, and more things to update here in this little space of mine! 

I know that I haven't been blogging for about a month, but now that I'm here let me share with you guys on my experience at this really chill-out cafe i've recently dropped by.

Just like the name of the cafe itself, Wayne's Chill Out is a really good place to CHILL OUT!


It was actually an unintentional visit - I made a last minute decision to kill off some time at this cafe in Punggol before I went to explore "My Waterway @ Punggol" with my camera. It was way too early in the noon and the heat was overwhelming. Google sure served me well when I chanced upon this cafe that was nearby and about to start operating while I was around (most of the other eateries and cafes/restaurants will only open in the evening)




In my opinion, Wayne's Chill Out is an ideal cafe for independent wanderers like myself who enjoy leisure time alone! Furthermore.. Living in a hot and humid country like Singapore, what's better than finding a small, cozy cafe along the way to melt away the heat with refreshing ice cream & desserts?





Cafe Interior & Exterior setting







The cafe has a beautiful and breathtaking sea-view, 100% perfect for a slow and peaceful tea session at the outdoor seating of the cafe. The cafe also has a quiet surrounding, therefore you need not worry about any unwanted noise that may disrupt your peace. 








The cafe's interior is pretty much simple with a blue & white colour scheme, furnished with small tables and stools. I wouldn't say that the interior left a very neat impression, but I still thought that the cafe looks cute and cozy enough since it is small. A very pleasant & homey ambience can be felt too.
 





Right next to the counter was a wall decorated with polaroids (arranged in a cute manner) with a board of House Rules hanging next to it. I also loved how the light blue wall helps to add some calmness to your mind too! It was so pretty and creative that I couldn't miss out the chance of snapping a photo.




Service & Food
 
The staff in-charge was busy setting up the cafe for operating hours when I arrived, and was only halfway through the process. While I was approaching the cafe, the friendly staff greeted me with a smile. Without any hesitations, he offered me to take a seat inside the cafe and immediately checked back whether I'd like to have any drinks. Not once, but at least 3 times. I felt a little bad because he seemed to have rushed a little, which I wouldn't have minded waiting at all. He was so kind and hospitable towards me that I had to reassure him to take his time while I slowly browsed through the menu.







I can hardly forego having a pot of tea at cafes, and of course I couldn't this time too. The menu did not specify the types of tea they serve and therefore I had to ask, which the staff's reply to my query really surprised me.






Little did I know that in front of me was a list of teas the cafe serve, along with some description of each type of tea. Pretty interesting I guess.






Here's a few of the many flavours of homemade ice-cream offered by the cafe, the ice cream were really, really, good


I ordered a pot of Rose with French Vanilla Tea (1 pot = for 2 servings) & waffles with double scoops of ice-cream. The staff gave me quick recommendations on the flavours upon my request and no doubt, they were awesome! (More details along this post!)


I chose to sit outside for the sea-view, and the staff actually asked me if I preferred english or chinese songs before I headed out. It was really kind of him to offer me such an option. 

Thumbs up!








The flawless white teapot set was so adorable, totally loved it! 





I really loved the quote imprinted on the teacup too!








It only took the staff less than 3 minutes to prepare my tea, and because the cafe operates on a self-service basis it was served to me rather quickly. 
Oh yes, no GST & Service charge at this cafe!!

The Rose with French Vanilla Tea was really refreshing to enjoy along with the sea-view, definitely a good way to spend your slow afternoon by sipping tea! A pot like this cost me $6.50

However, I actually prefer the one at Working Title which had a more rosy scent with natural taste, but the teapot set here at Wayne's Chill Out is definitely prettier. Another difference would be that Wayne's Chill Out uses teabags instead. 



Here's the Rose with French Vanilla tea I had from Working Title last November. A pot cost about $6, and great for sharing too! 




 



After approximately 15 to 20 minutes or so, the waffles was finally served to me. It took some time, but it was worth the wait! 

It'll probably take a shorter time for other subsequent customers, since I was the first customer and the staff had to prepare a lot of things. 
(I wasn't desperate for it to be served quickly anyway)








The waffle, topped with double scoops of ice cream cost me $12.50, while 1 scoop would cost $10.50. Mmmmm, I really liked how they drizzled some chocolate syrup over and garnished the whole dessert with some sprinkles of icing sugar.






The waffle was served warm, and it was crispy on the outside, yet very soft to chew on the inside

I was recommended the Cookies & Cream & Pistachio flavours for the ice cream, and although i'm neither a big fan of these 2 flavours, I totally fell in love with them. The waffle tasted really good with either flavours, while the warm and ice cold combination sure melted away the heat on such a sunny day!






I have to say that the texture of the ice cream was to die for. 

I would rate it as a high quality ice cream for a homemade one. The texture was soft, smooth and "chewy" looking. I've no idea how to explain this in words, you've gotta try it yourself! 

As compared to most ice cream, it isn't like the typical ice-cream that's sometimes 'harder' and more 'chunky' as you bite down. (This ice cream stretches a little whenever I scoop it with my fork, that's how soft it is; is this how I am supposed to put it.... sounds exaggerating huh? Hmm.)


The pistachio flavour was a good recommendation, not too sweet and refreshing to your taste buds. It certainly had a strong taste of pistachio, very yummy!

I don't usually enjoy cookies & cream ice cream but this one was good, in my opinion! 
Unlike most cookies & cream ice cream whereby their cookies are finely chopped and blended in with the ice cream itself, the one at Wayne's Chill Out had larger chunks of oreo cookies which were so soft in texture. It definitely enhanced the taste of oreo, which I believe many would love.

All in all, the waffle dessert is a must-try for a chill-out at this cafe, it is neither too sweet, and not drying to your throat too. 
It was well worth my money!


When the staff noticed that my pot was empty after some time, he kindly offered to refill my pot with hot water, how nice! 

The place was so wonderful & cozy that I stayed on for approximately 3 hours.




Overall

Good service, good food and good environment at an affordable price.
Although the staff was alone and busy with his set-up, he was sensible enough to prioritise his customers and provide good hospitality to them (technically me, since I was the only one there). You can certainly tell how much he cares for his customers through his good & sincere intentions.
I definitely enjoyed my leisure time spent there!

Wayne's Chill Out is very ideal for a stop-by if you are around Punggol area, e.g. My Waterway @ Punggol - especially when the weather is awfully warm and humid. 

The cafe also serves other food like truffle fries and pizza, which I would definitely try them out when I visit the cafe again. 

Definitely a new favourite to my cafe list, the breathtaking sea view was for sure a plus point - really great for outdoor dining with your date, a group of friends/family or alone. The cafe also offers free (& well-loved by humans) WiFi which only requires you to check in at their Facebook in order to use it.

It was a Wednesday when I dropped by, and the cafe was empty throughout my stay. Not very sure on the crowd on other days, but seems like the cafe is always quiet. 






It is located at a beautiful & windy place called The Punggol Settlement, where you can enjoy slow walks along Punggol beach after your afternoon tea. Many other interesting things are in the close vicinity of The Punggol Settlement such as a Horse Ranch and more restaurants, as well as ponds with interesting living creatures like catfish.














So do drop by this chilly cafe for a chill out!! I hope that you guys will have an interesting and relaxing exploration time at Punggol Settlement like I did, have fun!



Wayne's Chill Out Operating Hours:
Monday to Friday: 2PM TO 11PM
Saturday & Sunday: 11AM TO 11PM

Address: 3 Punggol Point Road, #02-11 The Punggol Settlement, Singapore 828694

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wayneschillout/info?tab=overview






Directions:



(Note: The bus intervals are pretty long so do be prepared to wait)



Option 1
Taking Bus 84 from Punggol Temp Int


Take bus 84 & alight at Punggol Road End (6th stop)
(This is a U-Turning point so it is easy to remember & know where to alight, just alight at the stop after the bus makes the U-turn.)

You'll see the Horse Ranch, Curry Garden and Bacon & Booze (A bar) after you alight.
Walk towards your left while facing that direction (do not face the road)
You'll be facing the sea and towards your right will be a small flight of stairs leading to a sign saying "Punggol Promenade", walk towards that direction. 

Walk straight & you'll pass by the ponds, a playground and see a huge carpark. 
Walk all the way into the carpark area and you'll see all the different restaurants side by side.
(You'll probably see "wayne's chill out" banner somewhere hanging on the 2nd floor's railing.)

Find the lift and proceed to 2nd storey. After exiting from the lift, go all the way towards your right side and you'll see Wayne's Chill Out along your way.





Option 2
Taking bus 84 from the bus stop outside My Waterway @ Punggol


Take the MRT to Punggol, change to LRT and alight at Damai Station
Tap out, turn right and walk towards the stairs. You'll see the blocks 679A etc. 
Turn left after going down the stairs and walk towards the traffic light. Cross over to the opposite side.
Turn to your right and walk towards the bus stop to take bus 84. (See map below)





Alight at the 4th stop (Punggol Road End, where the bus stops at a bus stop after a U-turn)


(The rest of the directions below is the same as Option 1's)

You'll see the Horse Ranch, Curry Garden and Bacon & Booze (A bar) after you alight.
Walk towards your left while facing that direction (do not face the road)
You'll be facing the sea and towards your right will be a small flight of stairs leading to a sign saying "Punggol Promenade", walk towards that direction. 

Walk straight & you'll pass by the ponds, a playground and see a huge carpark. 
Walk all the way into the carpark area and you'll see all the different restaurants side by side.
(You'll probably see "wayne's chill out" banner somewhere hanging on the 2nd floor's railing.)

Find the lift and proceed to 2nd storey. After exiting from the lift, go all the way towards your right side and you'll see Wayne's Chill Out along your way.











4 comments:

  1. Hey there stranger, what a cute blog! And i really love all your tutorials, been a great help. Keep it up!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thank you for such kind words! Have a nice day :-)

      Delete
  2. Hi Ms Brasel Seng! Thank you for the lovely write up on your blog, I will convey your comments to my crew and especially Vernon, the guy who served you. Hope you come by again soon and try some other flavours of ice cream and tea! Just a quick update, we do have service charge now but well be happy to give a discount to you and your followers who show this blog and message... t&c applies. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thank you for noticing my blog post! Sure, I will definitely drop by again some day. And thank you so much! Have a good day :-)

      Delete

Popular

Blog Archive