Welcome

Welcome

Connect With Me

Etude House My Beauty Tool Secret Round Clear Cotton Pad Review

Wednesday 23 September 2015




Hello everyone, I hope you've all been well lately!

In this blog post, I will be sharing with you guys my new-found favourite beauty tool from Etude House which I extremely love for my daily skincare!


Have you always been annoyed by cotton pads or swipes that leave threads and fibre all over your face during your skincare routine or make-up removal? 

Fret not! This beauty tool which I've found from Etude House will definitely wash away all those worries!








About the product




This product from Etude House is called the Round Clear Cotton Pad under "My Beauty Tool, Secret". 

Extremely soft and 100% made of cotton, these cotton pads are perfect & exclusively designed for your daily application of toner on your skin. 

In my opinion these are extremely soft and smooth on your face which also help to gently exfoliate and remove any dead skin!


One packaging like this costs $6.00.









The packaging




The Etude House's Round Clear Cotton Pads come in a packaging of 80 pieces, stacked inside a transparent bag that is resealable after opening. The opening that is light pinkish in colour adds some princess-like theme to the product itself, just like any other Etude House products (the packaging of their products are always so cute and pretty!)

The fact that the packaging's resealable is just another reason to love this product. Why? Because it's more hygienic since less germs, bacteria or dust can enter the packaging and 'contaminate' the cotton pads, which will then be used on your face. 

Imagine all those dirt on your face... Ew, no way are they gonna ruin your complexion with this resealable bag!! 

The packaging itself is also slim and easy for storage, definitely do not take up much space in your cabinet or wherever you store them at. Really convenient!









The Cotton Pads





The cotton pads are 100% made of cotton and has a very special top layer as seen in the photo above. They are made of two layers, with actual cotton wool in the middle. (See photos below)












I believe this is one of the reasons why the cotton pads are extremely soft on your face. (Good thing that those cotton threads don't come off easily!)









My Personal Opinion after using Etude House's Round Clear Cotton Pads






The previous two brands of cotton pads/swipes I've used didn't really meet my satisfaction - cotton pads from Sasa and Swisspers Cosmetic Squares from Guardian

Sadly to say... Both left terrible fibres and threads on my face all the time which I really hated, though the ones from Sasa weren't as bad. 

Usually, I'd be worried to even gently wipe these cotton pads (which were soaked with my toner) across my face for fear of the messy threads coming loose. Additionally, these cotton pads from Sasa and Guardian weren't exactly soothing on my skin - what I mean is that it felt a little rough and harsh on my skin. Hence what I did most of the times was dabbing and patting the cotton pads on my face instead - which as a result left more threads and cotton fibres....


However, in contrast to the above two brands which I've tried, these Round Clear Cotton Pads from Etude House did not give me any troubles of threads and fibres after usage! With these, I could easily apply my toner without any worries. Furthermore, they are really, really soft on my face - it almost feels like a smooth piece of silk (if that's the best I can use as an example) running across my face; neither did it feel harsh nor rough either. 

I was free to gently wipe these cotton pads across my face - and I really mean, gently. Personally, I wouldn't like swiping them across hard since it might damage and hurt my skin no matter how soft a cotton pad can be. On more sensitive areas with pimple bumps, I dab the cotton pads onto my skin instead. 








Here's some photos on different scenarios to aid you in understanding better:





Before soaking the cotton pad with my toner





 What I really love about these cotton pads is that they help in gentle exfoliation and removes dead skin on your face and neck! (Which is probably why there are those linings on the top layer)








After soaking the cotton pad with toner





Trust me, it absorbs really well - I would say, just nice for your toner application. Compared to other cotton pads that becomes overly soaked, "soggy" and "lumpy", these from Etude House still remains in their original shape.
 







After loads of constant dabbing and wiping across my face...






You can see that the cotton pad still stays intact with no traces of loose fibre and threads! 

When I was using other brands of cotton pads, I had to use at least 2 of them (one after another) because the threads came off too easily, if not - too overly soaked and the cotton itself became "lumped" together for me to use them properly. Meaning that after some dabbing, the threads came loose and I had to change to a new cotton pad.

(More wastage of cotton pads AS WELL AS YOUR TONER!!)








Now, testing the cotton pads with water:

I'm really sorry that I couldn't do a comparison with other cotton pads since I've got none left.






When soaked with running tap water





I placed a piece of the Etude House's round clear cotton pad under the running tap, and the cotton pad although completely soaked was still perfect for usage - not soggy at all like typical cotton pads!





When the soaked cotton pad was placed on the back of my hand for about 15 seconds and then constantly dabbed on my hand a few times...





No threads of fibre and cotton was left on my hand, which usual cotton pads did. It did not dry off quickly on my hand too! Most cotton pads would leave fibres of cotton for sure, hence I really love these ones from Etude House.



(P.S I lost the photo which was taken after the soaked cotton pad was removed from my hand) 








For Make-up removal




(I actually did take photos of the cotton pad before & after my make-up removal.. which sadly, I did not insert my memory card back then.)



These round cotton pads from Etude House are also pretty useful in removing make-up, I'd say. I feel that it removes your make-up more thoroughly due to the exfoliation. Since it is soft and smooth on your skin, swiping it across didn't hurt as well - especially during the removal of your eye make-up. 

(It felt harsh even when I tried to gently wipe other cotton pads across my eye lids to remove any eye make-up thoroughly) 



However, I prefer to use cotton pads from Swisspers for the first step in my eye make-up removal. Swisspers cosmetic squares were really useful in soaking in my make-up remover which I then placed the soaked cotton pads over my eye lids for at least 25 seconds. Since they are easily-soaked, it was easier to remove the make-up firsthand without any "harsh wiping". Therefore, the second step in my eye make-up removal would be using the round cotton pads from etude house to thoroughly clean my eye lids and remove any make-up residues before I proceed to remove the rest of my base make-up.

I also love how these round cotton pads from etude house aided me in exfoliating any dead skin on my lips as I remove my lipstick each time!








Overall







The Round Clear Cotton Pads from Etude House are extremely good to use, since they are soft and not harsh on your skin. It's even more perfect when they help to gently exfoliate and remove any dead skin too! My skin complexion is noticeably better ever since I started using them, though it is definitely not the sole cause of the result. I believe that the recent products I've been using helped me with that, as well as my food consumption and so on. 

I don't exactly need more than 1 cotton pad for toning nowadays because of this beauty tool - it saves my cotton pad usage as well as toner too! Usually, if my face is still damp with the toner after application with the cotton pads, I'll use my finger tips to pat them for absorption. 



How do you know whether the cotton pad removed any dead skin?
 
If you wipe your face with the cotton pad soaked with your toner and there's greyish 'residues' seen on your cotton pad after which, it means that some exfoliation was done. 

Of course if there aren't any, you should be happy! Because it means that your face is more or less free from dead skin. (I usually see them after I wipe the cotton pad across my neck) 

The cleaner the cotton pad seems to be after each usage, the better!

It is always good to use a cotton pad for the toning stage of your skincare regime since it is more hygienic. However, since not everything can be applied using a cotton pad, be sure to wash and keep your hands as well as fingertips clean before you touch your face!










Will I repurchase this product?





Absolutely yes! 
Even though it is pretty costly for 80 pieces of cotton pads, $6.00 in my opinion, is worth the money for something that is of good quality and not harsh on my skin. 




Pros

- Good packaging
- Easy & convenient storage
- Resealable opening for better hygiene purposes
- Good quality; leaves no fibre & threads
- Soft & smooth on the skin
- Exfoliates and remove dead skin
- Good for applying toner
- Good for make-up removal
- Saves cotton pad & toner usage




Cons

- Price is costly for the quantity (but worth it!)



Therefore I strongly recommend everyone of you out there who are seeking for cotton pads that would be comfortable on your skin to try out these Round Clear Cotton Pads from Etude House!!!

Etude House also offers a variety of different cotton pads too! If I ever try them out, I'll share my experience with all of you here again ;-) 



Annyeong!!








To see all posts related to "beauty and skincare", CLICK HERE.












2 comments:

  1. useful information... thanks for sharing .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thank you for your comment. You're most welcomed! Have a nice day :-)

      Delete

Popular

Blog Archive