Welcome

Welcome

Connect With Me

TheFaceShop Ricewater Bright or Innisfree Apple Juicy Eye & Lip Make-up Remover?

Sunday 1 November 2015




How have you guys been? It's been about a month, BUT...


I'm back with yet another review! Of course, if you were a diligent reader of my blog you'd more or less already guess that it's once again, a review on beauty & cosmetics products. 







"Oh no... Yet another Korean product review?!"

That's right! But I''m sure that you girls would love it! I wouldn't call it a proper detailed review but rather, a comparison and my opinions on two different brands of eye & lip make-up remover. 

Sure, boys are welcomed to read on too! You'll never know, it may just hit upon you that they'd make useful gifts to your female friends!









Have any of you girls ever faced difficulties in removing your make-up? Needless to say, the most stubborn ones to remove are always the eye and lip make-up. If you are one of those girls who love dolling up or just simply enjoy putting on make-up, we all know how dreading it is to spend minutes & minutes to remove our make-up - after which follows, the long process of cleansing and a skincare regime. 



They're all done for a reason..

"IF I DON'T, MY PORES WILL CLOG, MY COMPLEXION WILL TURN AWFUL, PIMPLES MIGHT APPEAR."




But when you're finally home after a long day out...


"Argh I'm so lazy..."

"Can I not wash up?"

"Can't my make-up just disappear on its own?"

"Why on earth are there such things like pores and complexion, !@%#*^!#!"


"Somebody... Please... Help me.... Remove my make-up..... I.. Am.. SO TIRED."





Or if you ever unintentionally fall asleep without washing up...

"MY COMPLEXION IS SO DEAD."




I feel you, girl.


  
I used to believe that there isn't a need to have a separate eye and lip remover... But my opinions changed not long after - I've to thank the Hada Labo's make-up remover

Hada Labo's make-up remover although hydrating, always felt extremely drying on my palms after usage. After using for about a week or two, I decided that I couldn't withstand that feeling of dryness - not even imagining what such a product could possibly to do my facial complexion in the long run. 

Note: I am not criticising this product, because I believe every individual has his or her own preference and skin type.



Thanks to that, I went to The Face Shop in hope to purchase a better make-up remover (cleansing milk/oil) and there, I found my savior - Rice Water Bright Eye & Lip Remover, which I purchased alongside the Rice Water Bright Cleansing Milk. Just hearing the words "rice water" immediately tells me that these product are somewhat natural. Best of all, we've probably often heard how good rice water is for our skin!

The alternative brand of eye & lip remover which i've tried after I had finished the above mentioned, was from Innisfree. The product I've purchased was Apple Juicy Eye & Lip Remover.



It is always beneficial to use a separate eye & lip makeup remover as the areas around these 2 facial features are thinner and more sensitive. Furthermore, having being produced in order to cleanse these 2 areas specifically, it would be more effective in thoroughly removing the make-up.





So.... Which of the two products will I recommend?










TheFaceShop - Rice Water Bright Eye & Lip Remover


Image taken from http://international.thefaceshop.com/



What I really love about the Rice Water Bright Eye & Lip Remover is how gentle and light it feels on my skin. With Rice Water extracts included, this product is pretty much considered natural. Like I've mentioned earlier on, rice water is also good for your skin! It is important that we understand how thin and sensitive our eye and lips area are, therefore the products we use on these areas can't be harsh. I'm happy to say that this eye & lip remover from The Face Shop is 100% fit for the job! I extremely love how this product also keeps your eye & lip area hydrated after usage as it has a moisturising effect. 

Of course, we are more curious as to how effectively this product removes our stubborn (and annoyingly difficult to remove) eye & lip makeup.

Nothing's more tiring than having to remove your mascara - especially waterproof ones. On top of that, we also have our lipstick that was put on for hours, and if you are a fan of matte lipsticks... 

Oh dear.

With Rice Water Bright Eye & Lip Remover, I was able to effectively remove my eye & lip make-up with the help of Etude House's Round Cotton. This product needs to be shaken before usage in order to get a better mixture of the contents. 

After soaking a piece of cotton pad with the product, I'll usually place it over my eyelids for an approximation of 25 seconds. Most of my eye make-up would come off, and I'd follow up with the unused side of the cotton pad to clean off any remains as well as to thoroughly remove my mascara. Not only that, this product also thoroughly removes my lipstick.

The Rice Water Bright Eye & Lip Remover by far has been one that I really love using, since it causes no irritation. Despite having the product entering my eyes accidentally while removing my eye make-up, I felt no pain. So much ease - even the cleaning of areas under my eye waterlines was a peaceful process! Better still, if you love products that has got no strong fragrance, the rice water bright eye & lip remover is just the right one for you. It has a light pleasant yet natural smelling scent.. Mmmmm, I love it!


The Rice Water Bright Eye & Lip remover costs $18.90.







Innisfree - Apple Juicy Eye & Lip Remover




The Apple Juicy Lip & Eye remover from Innisfree has a very light sweet and sour apple scent, and focuses on preventing the skin from drying out with the help of apple minerals. 

In my opinion, this product is very effective in removing stubborn eye & lip make-up. My make-up usually comes off easily with the help of cotton pads as well, considerably slightly more effective than the Rice Water Bright Eye & Lip Remover from The Face Shop.

Being a product from Innisfree, which we all know is a brand that uses mainly organic ingredients, this product definitely does not pale in comparison in terms of being natural. 

Honestly speaking, the Apple Juicy Eye & Lip remover does not cause any dryness which is good. However, what I really dislike is the discomfort that it gives me whenever the product gets into my eyes. It really, really, stings - so much that I teared up once. I had to rinse my eyes so many times - felt like a thousand years ㅠㅠ - to get rid of the irritation. Right from the first day I tried this product, I found myself dreading the removal of any eye make-up again if I ever put them on. I began to fear the stings and how it might harm my eyes, to the extent that I tried not to wear any eye make-up (since I hardly do so anyway). 

Though in contrast, I have to admit that I love how the Apple Juicy Lip & Eye remover is extremely effective in removing my matte lipstick everyday. 


This Apple Juicy Eye & Lip remover costs $11.90 if I've remembered it correctly.








Comparison between the two brands of eye & lip remover




I personally feel that the Rice Water Bright Eye & Lip Remover from The Face Shop was more moisturising. As compared to the Apple Juicy Lip & Eye Remover from Innisfree, it is also less harsh on my skin and causes no irritation or pain. However, in terms of the effectiveness of removing stubborn make-up, I would prefer the one from Innisfree. 




And the recommended product is?





The Face Shop's Rice Water Bright Eye & Lip Remover!

1. Causes no irritation and stinging pain in my eyes
2. Causes no breakouts or redness anywhere after usage 
3. Keeps my eye & lip areas moisturised
4. Scent is light and pleasant
5. Not harsh but light & gentle on skin
6. Contains natural rice water extracts that is good for skin
7. Effective in removing eye & lip make-up as claimed
8. Value for money



As mentioned, although the Rice Water Bright Eye & Lip remover's effectiveness may pale slightly in comparison, I would say that I'd rather use one that is more mild and comfortable on my skin. It may also take slightly longer to remove my mascara and lipstick at times, but I feel that it is a safer product since it does not sting my eyes

It is without a doubt that the Rice Water Bright Eye & Lip remover is more costly. However, as a person who chooses comfort over everything else, I wouldn't mind paying a few dollars more just for that. 

In my opinion, I wouldn't find it worthy to purchase a cheaper product just because it is really effective - not when it makes me unhappy and causes discomfort. I'd love to say that I am neutrally inclined in my liking towards the Apple Juicy Lip & Eye remover from Innisfree, but I'll have to honestly say that I've categorised this product slightly towards my dislikes section; Even though I really love Innisfree's products. (Y'know, you don't exactly love every single product from a brand you love)


Well, it still varies according to each person's preference and skin types, so do try out these two products anyway. 



If you don't try, you'll never know! ;-)



Click here to read all posts related to "beauty and cosmetics".







No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular

Blog Archive